The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[P] Atlas of Pallis

+3
Dragon78114
The Empty Lord
Zectiox
7 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[P] Atlas of Pallis Empty [P] Atlas of Pallis

Post by Zectiox Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:37 pm

well my idea was to get a thread of everything we got so far over Toba and Caldorin (pallis). not the inhabitants but the locations. The forests, the mountains everything..

Dark Avorian wrote something in the Geography thread about the brinks, sunken sea etc. Is that the final name of the location or just the name of the fenomenal.. we got 2-3 sunken sea areas in Toba. Is this just named Northern, Southern and Eastern Sunken Sea. Or shall we have names of the places there too even if its now the sunken sea. i.e. Achurn (as the name of the Northern Sunken Sea?)

We got 3 mountains. Dark Avorian named one of them where the Diminors are living.

Well just come with suggestions of names of these locations. take the map which Empty created in the geography thread on page 6.

Take one position:
Spoiler:
Name it, take a good name for it also Tongue

Im just trying to make it easier to locate one thing or another on the map of Pallis. Instead of having "Northern mountains of Toba" etc. Tongue

(I have done this thread once before, but firefox crashed so lost everything -.-)
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

[P] Atlas of Pallis Empty Re: [P] Atlas of Pallis

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:00 am

This map?

[P] Atlas of Pallis Pallis__the_other_world__by_3mptylord-d331l1m
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:24 am

exactly ;D
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:34 pm

That's great, but we need names. Wink

However, I do have one comment about naming, the Dwallow aren't going to know what is in Mogrul territory nor vice versa. So, I think the northern half's features should be given Mogrul names and the south must have Dwallow names.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:47 pm

yeah I like that too Dragon...

Toba:

names with -th, -hos, -mor,

Caldorin:

names with -rin, -in, -an, -tor, -ald,

shall we have like Darwestplains (Dwallow Grassland) or just have it like Darwest, without the -plains, -woods or anything like that Tongue

i.e. Toba desert, its actually neutral but its on toba territory, could be named Etoldarth Downs/Desert..

i.e. Caldorian South mountains, or dwallow mountains, could be named i.e. Qaronie Hights (Mountains).. Tongue what about that Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:15 am

To reiterate Dragon, remember that Caldorin is inhabitted by multiple (currently two) races. They probably speak a common language, so places in Caldorin would have a common name that isn't necessarily in Dwallish. Although, since all will have evolved at simiar times it they may have evolved a common language from the offset.

The Caldorin Map will have some information on Toba; the names will probably be a mix of Mogrul and Caldorin, as for some places they will have the names for (like mogrul cities) but will likely name mountain ranges/swamps themselves. If the Caldorians were ever given a guide around by a Mogrul, he might have given fake names that means something funny in Mogrul. Tongue

We need a denomyn of Mogrul... Mogruul? Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:30 am

as well as the Caldorin map have information of Toba, the Toba map have information of Caldorin? (maybe two different maps in two different language) some similarities.. Tongue

denomyn... hmmm.. Mogruul, Mogrulic, "its Mogrulic" Tongue

Caldorin having 2 races... Dwallow and Diminor.. some names could just "separate" them from each others territory.. idk Tongue

I hope we get more minor races of Toba.. or is Mogruls the most dominant of them all over there? Tongue.. we need some "wise" trolls Tongue (I see Diminors as wise.. and a wise race of the Caldorin half, and Dwallows as a normal living race... maybe just more workers than wise Tongue)

We need names to start with. Maybe the central areas where, Dwallows, Diminors and Mogruls lives. Like in the Grasslands, Tropics and Stone/swamplands. Then we can work around that.

could use some photoshop and play with the map abit using: http://webtreats.mysitemyway.com/free-assorted-maps-photoshop-brush-set/
http://calthyechild.deviantart.com/art/I-Want-More-Mountains-brushes-138817735
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:17 am

>as well as the Caldorin map have information of Toba, the Toba map have information of Caldorin?
Nope, well, only names the Caldorians have told them. Mogrul don't enter Caldorin often/ever.

>Caldorin having 2 races... Dwallow and Diminor.. some names could just "separate" them from each others territory.. idk Tongue
No, they can have their own names, I just mean that the language would probably be the same - dwallish would be a dialect rather than a language.

>I hope we get more minor races of Toba.. or is Mogruls the most dominant of them all over there? Tongue.. we need some "wise" trolls Tongue (I see Diminors as wise.. and a wise race of the Caldorin half, and Dwallows as a normal living race... maybe just more workers than wise Tongue)
Multiple races aren't needed for diversity, the different dynasties can be very different. Mogrul doesn't have to be a third world race, it should have both first and second world areas. It's a personal peeve of mine when fictional creatures are single minded. However, we have antare and scrid. Smile

I'll look at the links when I'm on the pc.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:50 am

Oooh, I love d'em brushes! I think you may have permanently influenced my life right there. Tongue

I'll get to updating my map now. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:31 am

well okey Caldorin map, mogruls do not enter caldorin... so we see the map from the caldorian view (even if Mogruls are calling their places something, Caldorians are calling it something else, as they know it by that name (caldorians - diminors and dwallows)

well okey, the dynasties is different from each other (As my example on the other thread) Tongue

more later.. Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:18 am

Why is there no Bump-button.. -.- I just go editing topics, but they stay non-bumped xD...

anyway. The mogrul Dynasties, as my example could depend on each others export and import. Some could be offensive, some defensive. Just to get them to be different from each other Tongue

We hope we get to see the modified map of Pallis soon Empty Grin:D (I could try to just play around with something...)

But we need naaaames Grin (I hate to give the only names, though Toba is empty's suggestion Tongue... no offence people but.. I just want to go on this project Tongue)

We can start with the dwallow territory.

I just tryied to name some parts fast.... [P] Atlas of Pallis Tribut10 its not perment... just a view how it could be Grin
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:09 am

That font is painfully hard to read. Neutral

But yes, I'll get to it. I know it's Saturday, but I'm currently in the uni working on some coursework. Tongue

(P.S. My prefered spelling is 3mpty, with a 3. Wink)

Also, I'm still not a huge fan on export/import. Although, when I say that, I mean I'm not a fan of the words. When I imagine export/import I imagine reliable shipments. Yes, there can be unforeseen issues, but generally reliable. I don't mind if the dynasties trade (which is technically import/export) but it's not reliable.

The dynasties should be like countries: England, Italy, India, China, etc. Each dynasty is fully functional. England might visit India and trade spices, might even pay some guy to regularly send them over, but it's not major export/import.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:16 am

You clearly have no idea how countries and trade work...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:22 am

Most commodities should be locatable in all locations, else a dynasty would not have established there. Wood, stone, meat, etc. Exporting meat is just silly, it'd most likely spoil, so it'd only be fruit and seeds. And I don't see the mogrul beings ones to import spices and gems on a large scale.

One dynasty might refer to itself as the "gem" of Toba, and thus that would be the name known by it's neighbours... but it wouldn't be the other way around, a dynasty would not become known as the Gem Clan for being abundant in games (it's likely they wouldn't have even known there were gems when they named themselves).

There aren't lorries, cargo ships, refrigeration... a cart carrying sacks of grain, or a lone merchant carrying a pouch of precious gems.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:35 am

please take this dynasties on the other thread ;D yeah you got a point of selling meat, it isnt that fresh... but this is mainly for discuss over the map of pallis, dynasties and bout mogruls is in the other thread Grin

i know 3mpty, the font was painfull, but I just want to find a suitable font for a "ancient" map or something Tongue... and it was just switchy made before I had to run for other buisnesses, so needed to do it quickly.

and you got a point of that the dynasties cant be named as "gem" dynasty, as they maybe didnt know that there was gems around at the time of naming the new settlement. But that is what we need to discuss, Tongue to figure out the best names suitable for theese trolls Tongue

hope we get names soon Grin Grin looking forward to see what it ends up with Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Umm... 3mpty... Toba is a very desolate area. There will be a mass transit of goods of all kinds between the various dynasties for basic survival...
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:37 pm

Firstly) How is it desolate?
Secondly) Dynasties would not have formed if the segregation of the first nation was merely to find resources to survive.
Thirdly) The map is huge, so it's not like a lorry of bread will arrive every morning. Not to mention the various hazards such as dragons on-route.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:47 am

first> maybe he thinks that the "stone" gray-colored part of the map "sounds" desolate. (I hope it isnt that desolated as it sounds.. hope there's some fields for animals, so the dynasties can get food somewhere from. And I hope that in the swamp, or in the stoneland, is some trees or forests, just for fire, ships, constructions...)
second> I watch on this aspect. First one mogrul tribe settled down somewhere, as the first settlement. And as the ancient greeks did as they started to colonize mediterranean for new settlements, and so the culture spread. Idk if it suits your idea 3mpty, first there was one tribe then they spread through Toba and got seprate from each other on some aspects as names and culture. The culture is still the same as the basic but have changes due to the surrounding (thinking of the homo sapiens went from hunting-nomad-ppl to agricultur a long time ago). This is my aspect of the dynasties, not maybe the right one but I trying to understand your idea 3mpty. Grin
third> as the map is of runescape + additonal islands and then its backyard - barrowsland Tongue then Toba and Caldorin are like whole Runescape 2-world + some more lands, each Tongue So its kinda big really Shock So the dynasties wouldnt be a problem. there's plenty of room to walk from one dynasty to another.. like walking from Al karid to Fremeniks. oO

wow this is a new aspect we need to concider when we do the names. As a small grassland area on the map of Caldorin is like half of Runescape-continent. So just dont make one name for the little area of grassland, maybe 2-4 names of the different parts of the region. Like the northern, southern, western, eastern and maybe middle part. Just a suggestion.
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:11 am

3mptylord wrote:Firstly) How is it desolate?
Secondly) Dynasties would not have formed if the segregation of the first nation was merely to find resources to survive.
Thirdly) The map is huge, so it's not like a lorry of bread will arrive every morning. Not to mention the various hazards such as dragons on-route.

1) Okay, that was a bad choice of words. What I meant, is that Toba is very large and spread out.
2) Hm... I think you have a good point. However, resources will be essential as well to the break-up of "first nation". I mean, in this system it easier to set up a network of trade. We can work on this idea later for perhaps a point to comment on the tensions between various ethnic circles of Mogruls.
3) They may not transfer food, but I'm sure there's a rather large amount of things like minerals, ores, but scarce in wood except for in the swamps, etc, so the dynasties trade with each other.

@Zetinox, we need to determine establishments, then we can continue with naming land masses. Also, we can still keep some very large landmasses. For instance, the Sahara Desert is has almost completely occupied the northern half of Africa.

However, I do have a little problem with the atlas... How can a jungle grow right next to a massive desert!? I think there needs to be at least some savannah/grassland separating the two. That would make much more sense, unless the forest is like looking down on the desert via massive cliff.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:19 am

Also, I was thinking, why does Toba have to be 100% desert, rock, mountains, and swamps? What about forests? Perhaps there could be a small amount of taiga in the northeastern corner of the map. Same goes for Dwallow territory. Could there possibly bits or area, especially in the mountainous area, that are just bare stone. I mean both the Dwallow and Mogrul could utilize both areas for resources.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:48 am

as of the desert... theres the mountains that seprate the "sand", which I took for granted as desert, and the tropics on each side of the mountains. maybe its a massive cliff idk

And as of the naming. I just suggest of having some large regions (as my example of Arod in the souteast part of Caldorin) thought there could be more minor locations in i.e. Arod: Thachwoods, Hál-mor higland, Asador, Arod hights (the mountain in the area), Chùrlands (on the eastern side of Arod hights). And now its sounds like Arod is a kingdom of Dwallows... hmm.. that was not the idea at first but it went to it...

well anyway, hope you get the point. and yes dragon, we could have the desert in one whole name, or in 2 part, northern and southern.. just for a change...
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:58 am

Omg will the Scorpire will be made?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:01 am

leave it to 3mpty, i dont even know if moles have a chance to be made into toba territory Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:45 am

Dragon78114 wrote:Also, I was thinking, why does Toba have to be 100% desert, rock, mountains, and swamps? What about forests? Perhaps there could be a small amount of taiga in the northeastern corner of the map. Same goes for Dwallow territory. Could there possibly bits or area, especially in the mountainous area, that are just bare stone. I mean both the Dwallow and Mogrul could utilize both areas for resources.

Most of Toba would be described as prairie/plains;
Spoiler:

The only "desert" is the sand desert. The "forest" is a rainforest, which blends into the desert as such;
Spoiler:

Toba is essentially South America. We have the savanna, pantanal, chaco, puna and pampas. Could add some llanos and cerrado I guess. But it's pretty much essential that a rainforest is the bound between the two nations (see below).

The reason for the harsh difference in territories is largely to control the species-territory. Species such as the diminor and dwallow would not have survived if the mogrul had free control of Pallis. Thus, the mogrul were given a sensitivity to extreme humidity - preventing them from inhabiting the south of Pallis, as they could not pass the rainforest. This was to allow other species to evolve. Smile

In contrast to South America, Caldorin is subarctic, grassland, moorland, taiga, tundra, woodland, etc.
Spoiler:

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:38 pm

(changes have been made as per feedback)

[P] Atlas of Pallis Pallis10

Last edited by 3mptylord on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content