The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Axarian Revolution [PROGRESS STOPPED FOR NOW]

+4
Blaze FF8
Ruy112
The Empty Lord
Dragon78114
8 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Axarian Revolution [PROGRESS STOPPED FOR NOW] - Page 5 Empty The Axarian Revolution [PROGRESS STOPPED FOR NOW]

Post by Dragon78114 Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Alright, I posted the seventh quest in the series! However, due to my time constraints, I'm only posting the first quest here; every other quest is on our wiki page. 
~~~~~

In a land called the Azzain Peninsula, a dictatorship rules a large and prosperous city named Azzan. Now this dictatorship subjugates its pawns, exiles heretics or anyone deemed to cause political instability, and imports unsuspecting newcomers to be brainwashed into their new society.  …Shock

Luckily inside Axar, a city just south of Azzan and is made up of those exiled citizens, hides a resistance known as the Zarr Clan. This resistance is a group of honest Axarians who know what the Priests are doing and they need the help of an outsider to launch one of the most daring feats in Runescape's history: end the tyranny the Priests bring upon their world.

This series is fun, dramatic, and violent: a perfect mix of ingredients for a gripping political drama…all in these nine challenging quests. Of course the first quest is easiest, being only novice, but each successive quest will get harder, with the last three (3) quests being grandmaster. Confuse

So, are you up for the challenge?

Last edited by Dragon78114 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:34 pm; edited 23 times in total
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

The Axarian Revolution [PROGRESS STOPPED FOR NOW] - Page 5 Empty Re: The Axarian Revolution [PROGRESS STOPPED FOR NOW]

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:42 am

well... Axar IV I think is personally coming along beautifully! Can't wait for its release in November! Smile

Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

The Axarian Revolution [PROGRESS STOPPED FOR NOW] - Page 5 Empty Re: The Axarian Revolution [PROGRESS STOPPED FOR NOW]

Post by Dragon78114 Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:03 pm

just a few more hours............ Smile

I can only release it in a minimum of 5 hours...or should I release it at 11:11 my time? Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:56 am

well it has been released! Smile
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:32 am

Fret not, I intend to give this another read through. It might take me a while to finish it fully, what with things needing done, but i want to see how things have changed, and how it's progressed. Smile
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:55 am

thanks! take your time; I wrote this to not be read in one sitting
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:48 am

I've re-read the first quest. It's a good start, all in all, a fair-paced introduction to the Axar and their plight. The Axarian Revolution [PROGRESS STOPPED FOR NOW] - Page 5 3079

A few things I'd like to mention, however, are:
- The reward is quite empty. If the player needs to have Lv13 magic, 200exp is going to seem very little for them.
- The Axarians are called "aethiestic Zamorak worshippers". This doesn't make sense - an athiest is someone who doesn't believe in any god of any kind.
- The chandelier task is a little too vague. Many players might not think to burn it down, unless you hint toward it just a little more.
- The player says they don't want to seem like a troublemaker, right after admitting they wish they could trash the stage. The Axarian Revolution [PROGRESS STOPPED FOR NOW] - Page 5 612280
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:52 am

Thanks your your input; I'll definitely take you ideas in to consideration! Smile

I know the passage is contradictory; it was intentional. Wink

"- The reward is quite empty. If the player needs to have Lv13 magic, 200exp is going to seem very little for them."

Well, I also included an amulet... I don't know if I put that on here; I'll check.

Whoops! I forgot to make that update (I added it that after I posted it on the RSOF)
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:46 pm

Just in! The Prime Evildoer strikes again!

The Churches in Ardougne are reduced to rubble and cinder! The Prime Evildoer broke into Azzan's Altar and stole precious documents! He later set the criminal Jaick Cadgeson the Nefarious loose from the benevolent Rodiniya's hands!

Where is he now and when will he strike next? Gielinor is in shock and wants to know.

--The Daily Azzain

Who is this Prime evildoer!?

He is you in Axar V.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:18 am

SHAT JUST GOT REAL!
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:57 am

Grin
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:47 pm

finally getting around to finishing Axar V. It is coming beautifully and should be available sometime this week! Smile
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:46 pm

my story is getting exciting…. :}….I cannot wait to post it tomorrow….! Smile
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:31 am

Okay guys, so I need some help. I know you are all a little hesitant on helping me but I need it.

In Axar V, it is a traditional thing to include the Devotion Project - a banned ritual which allows you to become a True Follower of The Azzai - because you have to be a True Follower to steal and operate the Azzain Rituality, which becomes available in Axar VI.

See, in the new plot the Devotion Project comes after the riot when the High Priest Tyrein makes an appearance and announces that Proposition 8 needs support and may pass which would allow the Priests to lift "past bans on weapons of mass destruction to cleanse Axar of its problems." (Before, the Priests blamed you and the Clan for rampant terrorism in Ardougne).

Does it seem extra and should I include it in Axar VI where you carry out the actual mission, go in to Hector's realm to learn the spells, and be resurrected from the dead? But if I do add it to the next quest, then I have effectively removed the boss fight in Axar V.

What should I do!? >.<
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:42 am

I'm sorry, you have something called Prop 8 in your quest...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:47 am

I know. Twisted Evil

but.... I can change it to proposition 6...and at the same token spicing up the game with a little satire and/or allegory could be fun and controversial...

EDIT: So what should I do?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:26 pm

...love all the help I've received. Well, I made my decision. It shall be revealed soon...
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:38 pm

...and I posted the fifth quest. You all should take a look! Smile
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:42 pm

OMG! I just had a revelation a few minutes ago! The Cave of Sand and Hector's Realm will no longer be in the Azzain Peninsula! Its new locale would be the cave where the River Elid has its source! It fits perfectly becuase it that location is Hector's fabled birthplace, so that would make it logical to have his realm and the entrance (or the Cave of Sand) there! Shock

Opinions before I write that in the final document?

EDIT: If you have read quest 5 the idea would make more sense, since the Devotion Project takes place there.

Last edited by Dragon78114 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:43 pm

I still have to read that and continue discussing the spellbook. >.<
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:41 pm

Well I am awaiting your response in the Azzain Spell book thread.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:45 am

If you are scared of the length of each quest, I'm putting half-post long descriptions of each quest on my RSOF page.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:59 am

I'm putting Quest 6 in Act I after considering that in Quest 6 you prepare the Zarr Clan for rebellion. (As a matter of organizing things).
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun May 13, 2012 5:28 am

well then... no one has reviewed quest 5 and it has been online for quite a while now
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun May 13, 2012 5:32 am

I've had a pretty busy week - it was my last week of school and there were lots of things that needed to get done before I left.

However, now I'm on study leave, I should be able to find time soon. Feel free to pester me to keep me reminded...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun May 13, 2012 5:40 am

thank you and I will. Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed May 16, 2012 4:26 am

Just to update you as to where I am. I've just read the summaries of the first 4 quests, and will re-read them later tonight (there are a lot of twists and turns, after all)

Tomorrow, then, I'll be reading through quest 5. I may write my review as I go, or I may write it later, in which case you'll be waiting longer (sorry about that).

Question: Would you like the review to be here or on the RSOF?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next