The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

+5
Dragon78114
Duskcurse
Slayer Noir
The Empty Lord
MorbiusMonster
9 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 7 Empty Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, let me get this straight...

Most of us here are either gay or bi?

Damn...
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 7 Empty Re: Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

Post by Dragon78114 Thu May 17, 2012 8:33 am

many, many a time… but why do you ask? This seems so random.

Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 7 Empty Re: Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

Post by Slayer Noir Thu May 17, 2012 8:39 am

Have you not, Morb?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Thu May 17, 2012 8:45 am

He probably hasn't considering how recent he's been out. Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu May 17, 2012 8:48 am

I'm not even gay and I'm relatively sure I've kissed a guy. Drunk night, faint memory, sounds like the kinda thing this guy would do...

But it's cool. I've kissed enough girls to make up for it Tongue
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 17, 2012 8:51 am

lol, I emember thata classmate I hate kissed me on the cheeck, I hated it, since I hate him
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Thu May 17, 2012 12:55 pm

I don't remember such a time.

Then again, unlike Slayer, I don't go out drinking. Tongue
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu May 17, 2012 3:57 pm

I haven't kissed a guy yet, part of me really wants to. cheers
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Only part?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu May 17, 2012 5:58 pm

You still get reports of how clerics in this country are still trying to block proposals for gay marriage, claiming it "undermines the true meaning and the majority for the sake of an injustice in the minority".

In that sentence alone, the church just proves itself to be nothing more but a bigoted, hypocritical establishment. Considering how they have had a reputation of burying disgusting scandals such as child abuse as "harmless", they shouldn't be allowed to block a same-sex couple from marrying over supposed "morality". It doesn't undermine marriage extending it to gay couples, it enhances it!

Since "marriage" is pretty much something that can now be filed out at a post office, the church shouldn't be allowed to say anything.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu May 17, 2012 6:00 pm

3mptylord wrote:Only part?

Sorry. Bit of a misinterpretation.

I obviously mean that I want to kiss a guy, part of me wants that very much, whilst the other is keen to wait for the right time.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 17, 2012 6:09 pm

MorbiusMonster wrote:You still get reports of how clerics in this country are still trying to block proposals for gay marriage, claiming it "undermines the true meaning and the majority for the sake of an injustice in the minority".

In that sentence alone, the church just proves itself to be nothing more but a bigoted, hypocritical establishment. Considering how they have had a reputation of burying disgusting scandals such as child abuse as "harmless", they shouldn't be allowed to block a same-sex couple from marrying over supposed "morality". It doesn't undermine marriage extending it to gay couples, it enhances it!

Since "marriage" is pretty much something that can now be filed out at a post office, the church shouldn't be allowed to say anything.

First, duh. You thought higher of religion before?

Second, I disagree. The church should, in my opinion, have the right to deny whomever they please. It may be wrong, archaic or bigoted... but it's their religion. You telling them to change their lifestyle is no better than them trying to change yours. As you said, you can get married in secular establishments: the post office, hotels, etc. ...why do you want to get married in a church?

MorbiusMonster wrote:
3mptylord wrote:Only part?

Sorry. Bit of a misinterpretation.

I obviously mean that I want to kiss a guy, part of me wants that very much, whilst the other is keen to wait for the right time.

Ah. I can't remember who my first was. In my opinion, that's for the best. You hear so many messy stories about firsts that don't go as planned: just sounds like too much hassle.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Hey I believe in the church. Well me is out, FOR NEW PHYREXIA
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 17, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm more talking about the bad examples of good faith. Extremists exists in all aspects of life... some are just more vile than others.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Fri May 18, 2012 3:22 am

I'm a catholic and I support Gay Rights. I think its ridiculous not to.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Number of posts : 158

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044428364

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Fri May 18, 2012 9:59 am

I think the problem is that too many Christians *read as bigots* forget that homosexuality does not equate to promiscutitous hedonism.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Fri May 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Handeath wrote:I think the problem is that too many Christians *read as bigots* forget that homosexuality does not equate to promiscutitous hedonism.

Indeed. And since republicans tend to be extremist Christians, we get lots of biogted anti-homosexuality polititions.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Number of posts : 158

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044428364

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Fri May 18, 2012 3:02 pm

And we wonder why has there been a rise in atheism *facepalm*
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 18, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm not sure ethic differences is the reason for the rise in atheism. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri May 18, 2012 3:42 pm

I personally think that we should teach about being gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender in schools from a relatively fair age of about 7-9 years. Children that age tend to be indiscriminant, so may just simply accept it as it is.

This situation is one in which the controversy only justifies going ahead with it. Anyone who has an opinion that it will make children gay only shows how it should be taught, to prove it untrue. A lot of kids who may be gay in future should be told how it is alright and what to do if they have certain feelings. Children that aren't gay can be enlightened to what it is like for people who are.

You'll have your Bible bashers claiming it is either a sin or blasphemey, but in my opinion, if there is a God and He created us equal, then surely it is a sin or blasphemey to block equal human rights or discriminate.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Fri May 18, 2012 4:21 pm

You obviously haven't been to America. lol

State politicians across the nation are trying to ban sex ed in high school...I think even in Tennessee these laws have gone so far as to prevent contraception being being MENTIONED, as well as being taught, and if a teacher or speaker speaks about it, they can be fired.

It probably won't be another million years before homosexuality is discussed nationally in school rooms as early as first through third grade.

Don't get me wrong, it is a fantastic ideal, but things like that are easier said than done.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 18, 2012 4:31 pm

I reckon that homosex should be included in sex ed, but I don't think it should be independently taught.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Fri May 18, 2012 4:34 pm

I meant that, if people are refusing to teach sex ed, why in hell would they teach about homosexuality other than how it can be "solved" with abstinence.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri May 18, 2012 6:46 pm

It's kind of silly really trying to block sex education. At some point in their life, one way or another, a human being is going to have sex. Why simply deny informing them of the inevitable; it's like refusing to teach simple chemistry in the fear they'll become terrorists using IEDs?

People claim that teaching sex education will make children want to have it, which perfectly shows how it needs to be taught to avoid such great errored ideas. Abstinence isn't a safe sex plan, it's a no sex plan and won't stop people from having sex; if human nature is correct, it makes them want to have it more.

Sex Education, in itself, is misleading. It doesn't teach about having sex, it discusses dealing with emotions, relationships and the importance of good health. In other words, it should be called Adolescent Education, because it teaches about an important part of growing up. The worst probably anyone has ever suffered in Adolescent Education is talking about their feelings or about their parts, which can be embarassing first time.

All it really takes is careful rewording, not talking about how you must never have sex (because that is stupid and hypocritical) and getting across the message that discussing these things is harmless and the worst anyone can suffer from it is embarassment. You can do all the pledging like "Clean Teens" or "Yes to Safe Sex", in fact, it does help allow people to come to better terms with their feelings.

Last edited by MorbiusMonster on Fri May 18, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Again Morbius, the fight to stop sex ed is an American thing. I mean yes, there is a small anti-following over here; but it's on the curriculum with no plans to change it. Also, abstinence isn't Sex Ed in the UK: they teach you how to say no, but they're not stupid. You must've had bad experience with sex ed: or you're just willfully adopting the US' issues as global problems.

My sex ed went over: saying no; STDs (and how they can be caught from more than just vaginal sex); condoms; other contraceptives; the fact you can get condomns for free from the school nurse and various other places, oral; hygiene; anal and masturbation were briefly mentioned; etc. I digress that nothing was explicitly gay, but I don't really think it excluded it. For good or bad, the entire thing seemed predominantly aimed at women. Besides: the hygiene and safety things are encompassing.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Fri May 18, 2012 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri May 18, 2012 6:56 pm

I think most of what I learnt was from Biology. PSE (Personal Social Education) rarely went into the subject, perhaps only once showing us a video. The only thing I remember from that is when someone in the back of the class laughed at certain words and the fact that a human can *ahem* at 40mph.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri May 18, 2012 9:37 pm

3mptylord wrote:Again Morbius, the fight to stop sex ed is an American thing. I mean yes, there is a small anti-following over here; but it's on the curriculum with no plans to change it. Also, abstinence isn't Sex Ed in the UK: they teach you how to say no, but they're not stupid. You must've had bad experience with sex ed: or you're just willfully adopting the US' issues as global problems.

My sex ed went over: saying no; STDs (and how they can be caught from more than just vaginal sex); condoms; other contraceptives; the fact you can get condomns for free from the school nurse and various other places, oral; hygiene; anal and masturbation were briefly mentioned; etc. I digress that nothing was explicitly gay, but I don't really think it excluded it. For good or bad, the entire thing seemed predominantly aimed at women. Besides: the hygiene and safety things are encompassing.

I think they teach more to women, well, because htey are easier to, you know, get abused
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next