The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Graaft - Group Project

5 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Graaft - Group Project - Page 3 Empty The Graaft - Group Project

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:01 am

First topic message reminder :

To do

To do:
Create a leader-type figure for the Mentir, to be a main villain - Handeath
Create a good Mentir to ally with the player
Create two minor characters: The Royal Leader and the Democratic Leader

Expand on how Graaft wage war: How much do they rely on their grafting ability for weaponry? Do they use other weapons too? Are there "standard issue" parts for soldiers? - Slayer Noir
Expand on succession for leaders: specifically, how would a leader get replaced? We know the democratic leader will have some sort of election, but what if someone wanted to replace Pharamedes or Kareeb? - Slayer Noir
Expand upon Amesgaizto and religious values - Duskcurse

The Graaft is a group project that me and Morbius have been working on. We're working towards creating a new race and a quest series featuring them. We've gotten to the point where we're happy with the bare bones, and now want your help fleshing it out.

The race is called the Graaft. This is what we know about them so far:

-The Graaft are a strange race that inhabit another plane. Once they reach maturity, they loose the ability to heal, and to compensate for this, they replace their own damaged body parts with others. These body parts can come from other races, and this gives the Graaft incredible diversity.
The Graaft have latent magical potential gifted to them by their God that can help them with their transplants. It allows them to use body parts of slightly less biological creatures. Things like demons, for example, which are magical rather than biological.

-Appearance:
Spoiler:

-History:
Spoiler:

-The Graaft's Enemies

The Mentir
Spoiler:

The Crul
Spoiler:

Strae
See "Lifemaker Strae" in the characters section

- Culture
Spoiler:

-The Graaft's Homeplane
Spoiler:

-Leadership
Spoiler:

-Graaft Warfare
Spoiler:

-Graaft Succession
Spoiler:

-Characters

Xana
Spoiler:

Aschkott
Spoiler:

Lifemaker Strae
Spoiler:

Kareeb The Priest
Spoiler:

Commander Pharamedes:
Spoiler:

-Muroidea
Spoiler:

-A "Good" Mentir
Spoiler:

-Deleriaus
Spoiler:

-Plotlines
Spoiler:

So yeah, that's the Graaft so far. Help us create something epic. Smile

Last edited by Slayer Noir on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 am; edited 15 times in total
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

The Graaft - Group Project - Page 3 Empty Re: The Graaft - Group Project

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:33 am

Morb. I still think the Mentir are the ones really in control here. But that's cool, we can use that as an advantage. So long as I believe one way and you believe the other, the same conflict is bound to come across when we write the story - they're both trying to play one another for their own gain, after all.

Opinions on the weapons, by the way????

Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:35 am

Dusk, when you said "Well I was thinking that he could have the lower body of a blood reaver, the arm of a demon, teh arm of an aviantese and hte wings of an icyene" I thought you were talking about Lifemaker Strae, as that's who we were talking about at the time. Looking back, it's possible you were talking about Kareeb. Were you?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:36 am

I was talking about KAreeb
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:45 am

Right. The thing is, the body parts you want are all from practically extinct creatures (save the demons)
Icyene are pretty much all gone. Logically, there's no way Kareeb would've found wings of one.
I doubt a peaceful religous leader would want a blood reaver or demon's body parts. It's at odds with the Graaft religion itself.
I see no reason why he couldn't have ventured into the God Wars Dungeon and gotten a part of an aviantese though, so that's good.
There's a creature called a crystalline shapeshifter, devoted to Seren. That would fit in well. Why not that instead?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:48 am

I was thinking of using hte crystalline shapeshifter as the "god arm" and well, the blood reaver coudn't influence him very much, and well, let's get off the demon, and perphas he coud have found the icyene wings on a frozen body in God Wars dungeon, the same with the blood reaver
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:02 am

So you want to replace the "god arm" with a crystalline shapeshifer's arm, or do you still want both?

Do blood reavers even work physiologically?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:07 am

Well, let's have both of them, and dude they can graft themselves with demons arms, those are supposed to dissappear you know
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:09 am

I'll do some backstory writing, in the mean time, try not to tear each other apart.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:09 am

Perhaps our first quest begins at the Duel Arena. In order to meet the standards of some Zamorakian customs, the Duel Arena now fulfils a policy where a fighter who is killed will have their organs go to the stronger fighters on demand.

After doing a routine check of their freezer, the surgeons found a piece was missing, a lung. Suspecting a thief, the player has to search the near area for trails. Finding unusual tracks in the sand, the player is led across the Salve, where the container is found, the contents abandoned once the ghasts found it. Searching further, the culprit is found, after some of his/her organs are tainted by an attack from Ghasts, Aschkott.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:07 am

I thought you OKed Xana being the first Graaft encountered? She was meant to be on her trials in Gielinor when the player chances across her.

Aschkott strikes me as a slightly more shy type of character. I think at the beginning, he would fear leaving the Graaft plane, but as his character develops, I think he'll get bolder. Don't worry, he'll have his chance to shine, I just think Xana's character is more likely to venture into Gielinor.
I also imagined him as younger than Xana, and if she's just doing her trials, that would mean Aschkott would still be waiting.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:04 am

I'll take your silence as a disagreement, Morb.

Compromise? Xana and Aschkott are childhood friends who embarked on their trials together. The outgoing and ruthless Xana has managed to get herself captured by wizards before the player meets her, as the people of Lumbridge, naturally, thought she was a necromancer when she went about asking for dead bodies. The player chances across her in the wizard tower, where she's explained what she really is, and the wizards have, out of fascination, given her the arm of one of their dead. She asks the player to help her locate Aschkott and assist him in finding him a part to pass his trial. (Though really, she doesn't need the player's help. She's already got plans for him...)

Sound better?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:49 am

Dude it was the arm of an aviantese, you forgot to mention the blood reavers legs, and well he has the wings that he took from a frozen icyene that was already dead
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:08 am

Um, that'll give him 3 arms. And I thought we scrapped the blood reaver legs on the grounds of them being evil and physiologically difficult, and the icyene wings on account of them being too rare?

If you had your own way, Dusk, this guy would have 7 extra parts. He'd look terribly cluttered I think.

I'm not overruling you, or anything. I'd just like you to consider this before you make your decision.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:22 am

The usual life expectancy of a Graaft is about 40 years, but with their capacity to accept any organ, they could last indefinitely. Those who attain a very old age are the Aged and take on the roles of clerics or notable figures in society, having lived for a great deal of time.

Lifemaker Strae is among the council of the Aged, having lived for several hundred years (I am just deciding whether time between Gielinor and the Graaft plane are in sync), has seen a great deal of things and claims to be of relatively purity, possessing fewer donations from other beings.

However, something inside him isn't his own, or that of his species; his heart. The heart that Strae acquired was from Gielinor and it belonged to a species capable of infinite cruelty. It's former owner was skilled in Necromacy, thus giving Strae the power today.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:48 am

Sweet, Morb. Two things I'd ask you to change

1. The use of "council" could create confusion with the council that rules the city. Would using a synonym be possible? "League" or "circle" perhaps?

2. The use of "aged". Old Graaft are powerful Graaft. They don't suffer the same decay with age as we do, but do acquire more potentially powerful parts as they go, and to live for several hundred years requires wisdom and strength to start with. As such, they should have a name associated with strength, rather than frailty. "Veterans", "seniors", "elders" or perhaps "grandmasters" would be my suggestions.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:52 am

Well think of it this way, blood reavers aren't evil by themselves it's their nature, and damn those legs look cool , and ok, let's list them.

1 aviantese arm

1 upper skull of a scarabite

1 stalker eye

1 chrysaline shapeshifter arm (tbh I wanted this to be his god arm)

1 "god" arm

1 pair of blood reaver legs

Total of parts = 6

Total of parts I'd like = 5

I still think it's not too much
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:58 am

I'd scrap the "God" arm if you wanna trim down on parts. Kareeb is meant to be virtuous, I don't think he'd deal with the greedy Mentir who sell them.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:01 am

That's what I mean, I want to scrap the god arm, and the chrystaline shapeshifter to be his god arm
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:04 am

Ok. I'll edit all that into your description.

By the way, what do you guys think to either Aschkott or Xana being the son/daughter of Kareeb? It'll be a good way to introduce the Graaft council into the plot, and it's logical, since someone would have recommended the two of them go to Gielinor - who better than a character obsessed with Gielinorian religion?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:17 am

i would prefer if Xana was her daughter, to have more of a contrast, oh and KAreeb's room s full of things from gielinor's rleligion, from each of them
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:20 am

I agree, Dusk. I think it would be more interesting if Xana was related to Kareeb. I just wanted to check you didn't think Kareeb would be celibate or anything.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:31 am

Well he isn't celibate, but he isn't promiscuous, he also isn't the one to like social interaction too much, blame that to his scabarite part.

Also I was thinking, how about if Strae could be a descendant from the first Graaf who broke Amesgaizto's rules
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:35 am

Sweet. Xana is Kareeb's daughter then.

As for Strae, I like the idea, but it's Morb's character, so unfortunately it's him you really have to convince.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:37 am

I know, I was just giving an idea
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:51 am

so wanna flesh them out a bit more?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:01 am

I think we're done with Kareeb. Any additional personality development can come when we decide what he does in the story.

I'd like to move on to another leader. So Dusk, can I get your opinion on this?

Pharamedes, the Military Leader
Pharamedes is one of the oldest living Graaft, but by no means past his prime. Being the commander of the Graaft military, veteran of hundreds of battles and a skilled soldier, his body is practically a walking, talking weapon.
Pharamedes has never visited Gielinor. He sources his parts from other planes, and so it's hard for the player to tell what came from where.
Through hard work, Pharamedes has taught himself to use 4 arms, something that an ordinary Graaft simply doesn't have the brain-power to do. His lower pair of arms are mottled green, and have natural, jet black blades running down the entire forearm and a few inches beyond his hands, while his other pair of arms, located above the first, are huge, brutish and muscled, beige in colour.
His chest and back are made up of a grey, scaly material that acts as a natural armour.
His legs are shiny black, lean but muscular, and he uses them to run fast - they're his newest part, replacing an old pair that got damaged by the Crul, and he's rather proud of them at the moment. All over his body are small patches of various colours, evidence of many minor cuts and scrapes getting cleared up.
In terms of personality, Pharamedes is a good person, he just believes brute force is the best way to get things done. He cares deeply about his people and leads their fight against the Crul from the front, joining in with every fight and skirmish he can - he never asks a soldier to do something he wouldn't do himself. As such, his army generally respect him. He believes hard work can get anything done, so it saddens him to see his efforts against the Crul failing, and he welcomes the player's assistance - he's not too proud to ask for help.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next