The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Interactive Suggestion

+4
Dark Avorian
Zectiox
Handeath
The Empty Lord
8 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Interactive Suggestion - Page 6 Empty The Interactive Suggestion

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

The interactive suggestion...

Interactive RuneScape Idea by ~3mptylord on deviantART

The Interactive Suggestion - Page 6 Skills17

1) Combat panel, see Interactive Combat.
2) Magician's spellbook
3) Wizard's spellbook
4) Archery skill
5) Sorcery skill
6) Divination skill
7) Zoanthropy skill
8) Marksmanship skill
9) Mana skill
10) Demonology skill
11) Wizardry skill
12) Conjuring skill, see Conjuring.
13) Archaeology skill, see Archaeology
14) Combat level
15) Mysticism level
16) Skills panel

The existing Magic skill would be divided into three skills; Sorcery, Mana and Wizardry. All three's names aren't concrete.

Magic and Mana are doppelgängers of Attack and Strength along with Archery and Marksmanship: one is accuracy and the other is damage (only Archery and Marksmanship are the other way around). Mana is NOT a mana-bar, merely a power stat (mana was chosen because it means force/power of magic, thus is suited a strength-like skill). Wizardry is a non-combat skill, containing non-combat spells.

The Sorcerer's Spellbook contains all the combat spells, including curses and binds. The Wizard's Spellbook contains all the non-combat spells, including enchantment and teleportation.

When you switch to Ancient Magicks it replaces the Magician's Spellbook and when you switch to Lunar Magics it replaces the Wizard's Spellbook. This excludes teleportation spells which are handled differently. By default, you will have the Wizard's Teleports. When you switch to Ancient or Lunar--or back from--the change will be automatic. However, when you change between Ancient and Lunar you will be asked if: "Do you wish to keep existing teleports?". Alternatively, the new spellbooks could NOT replace the previous spellbook; rather just being additional spells (given each spellbook will look rather empty now it's been cut in two).

Backup:

Last edited by 3mptylord on Sun May 15, 2011 1:31 am; edited 9 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The Interactive Suggestion - Page 6 Empty Re: The Interactive Suggestion

Post by The Empty Lord Wed May 18, 2011 11:31 am

They can be. Necromancy I'm not 100% on just because it doesn't seem unique enough at all. Would be interesting if you could resurrect things you kill just by killing them. Smile Also, remind me broodoo again. For some reason my mind's a sieve when it comes to broodoo. Confuse

I'll update it soooooonn. I've been really busy gaming with my buddies in celebration of the end of the uni-year. The drinking will commence soon. Wink

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Thu May 19, 2011 7:49 am

asa summoners rift.. well it sounds great as a minigame goin DotA.

Dungeoneering is simple D&D... Summoners Rift could include theese summoning sklls and necromancer and demonology etc. incl. magic/range/melee skills as you fight hopefully...

it COULD be a skill (if necromancer, demonolgy, zoan... is making the skilltable crowded or just for fun... well you would get exp in the skill you're using as your basic. i.e. Summoning and being a.. ehmm.. Taurus and then you gets the melee exp (as Taurus would be a Melee Char)
on other thoughts.. nvm forget it Tongue

necromancer on other thoughts, do you summon yourself into something terrifie or do you just level some skills in resurrect minions?

It would be quite awesome though The Interactive Suggestion - Page 6 54687
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sun May 22, 2011 3:44 am

Dungeoneering isn't a D&D (or a minigame for that matter)
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Mon May 23, 2011 7:32 am

I know dungeoneering isnt a minigame... but as Dungeons and dragons.. well anyway nevermind...
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue May 24, 2011 11:06 am

Sorry it took so long. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Wed May 25, 2011 9:19 am

Why did you keep Archeology? I thought you were removing it.

I think Yggdrasil should have some green (beige bark, green interior and sparkles?)

Why won't you change Shroud Runes to something not darkness related? These are just increasingly powerful elements, Light and Dark should have nothing to do with it. However, more vibrant energy (Force, Flash, and Geist - more living) make sense, hense why I suggested Zoa, a word which is based off the Greek word Zoe, meaning spiritual life.

I think weilding a Crest with a cape could get confusing.

Although I now support Tomes - my dreams of a Berserker spellbook/tome will have to be taken elsewhere -, do the Strike, Bolt, Blast and Wave spells all require the same Catalytic Runes? (eg Death for Blast) If so, I think we will have some problems.

Good job on Havoc and Entropy, but Havoc could show a small whirlwind being held between the hands. If you now what a Rasengan is, you have a better idea.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed May 25, 2011 9:28 am

I changed the name of the Shadow Rune? Although I just found I forgot to change one instance where it is spoken, but all graphics were updated. Although if I had to give a reason, regardless of the fact I have changed it, it would be that I never saw it as an issue before. Wink

I guess I can change Yggdrasil next time I update.

I said I wasn't going to alter Archaeology, I wasn't planning to remove it.

It was hard to think of symbols for Havoc and Entropy given that Turmoil wasn't skill-specific (thus I couldn't just substitute different weapons).
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed May 25, 2011 10:22 am

I guess Zoa could work. But does Zoa mean animal? The same stub as Zoanthropy?

Although I now support Tomes - my dreams of a Berserker spellbook/tome will have to be taken elsewhere -, do the Strike, Bolt, Blast and Wave spells all require the same Catalytic Runes? (eg Death for Blast) If so, I think we will have some problems.
That was the initial purpose of requiring to upgrade your tomes, which I have temporarily removed. At grade 1 all spells require mind, and then at grade 2 they require chaos. In fact, I don't recall why I removed that... so I'll return it.

I wasn't a huge fan of havoc. The whirlwind could work.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Wed May 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Well, we can use Zoe, the original word.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 26, 2011 12:31 am

Zoe is a name, I know Zoes. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Thu May 26, 2011 2:00 am

The crest with the "robe" could more be just a cloak around the neck... Idk the right word for it atm
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Thu May 26, 2011 11:10 am

I think we should remove Archelogy because it's obsolete and we can't change it, or update it for that matter.

I think the final Conjuring Rune should be related to energy at its strongest or most vibratant. I talked about the progression earlier, maybe a Spirit or a Life Rune?

The graphics are still to0 fanciful. They should be something simple, like the drop for Water and Blood Runes, or the skull for Death Runes. The most complex is the Body Rune.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 27, 2011 5:50 am

How is it obsolete? And I don't think it needs changing too significantly.

Perhaps the Life Rune.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Fri May 27, 2011 6:21 am

But it was to be used for Summoning in RSC...
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 27, 2011 10:36 am

You're the one who suggested it? Shock

Also, it's still being used to "summon"... Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Fri May 27, 2011 12:17 pm

Well, I want a word that describes energy at it's most vibrant and Life is the best we can come up with.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Fri May 27, 2011 1:18 pm

I got it!

Genesis Rune:
Color: Purple
Symbol: an angular, upside-down "loop-de-loop"
Alternitive names: Nascense Rune, Youth Rune (or some variation of those words)

Considering that the other combat classes have a "mythological" teir, I chose a word alluding to creation, energy at its biggest and best.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat May 28, 2011 7:48 am

Updates have been made, but not since you suggested Life Rune. Tongue

How is Genesis mythological? Also, it's scarcely a pattern... Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sat May 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Well, mythic stuff is seen often enough that we could mention a mythic idea. (I feel like I'm bashing my own religion. Neutral)

The new variables(Regen, Life-steal, Aggro - you said "precious" when you mean "precise" and "batter" for "battle") all sound cool, but I'm wary of using Combat Style resistance. It sort of messes with the Triangle and I fine the current Absorbtion stat to work fine.

The links on the Tome page are also messed up.

For the Nature Tome, we could use my Gnomish Magics! Grin

Traps: a circle of the trap's color
Fences: a row of three circles of the trap's color
Mines: a square of the mine's color
Walls: a row of three squares of the mine's color

more later

Anyway, I think the Lunar spellbook should only have the Wizardry spells that currently come with it, like the current spellbook.

I never mentioned this, but I like the idea that you can cross Support, Tome, Wizardry, and Teleports: it provides for more variation in combat.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat May 28, 2011 11:50 pm

>you said "precious" when you mean "precise" and "batter" for "battle"
Fixed. Smile

>all sound cool, but I'm wary of using Combat Style resistance. It sort of messes with the Triangle and I fine the current Absorbtion stat to work fine.
They were only in addition to those. Also, Magic/Sorcery already has damage absorption... I only added Attack and Archery.

>The links on the Tome page are also messed up.
Fixed, as far as I can tell.

>For the Nature Tome, we could use my Gnomish Magics! Grin
Could! Wink

>Anyway, I think the Lunar spellbook should only have the Wizardry spells that currently come with it, like the current spellbook.
Rephrase that? How I understood it, my response would be: I haven't added any spells (and only changed Spellbook Sawp). But I don't think I've understood what you meant.

>I never mentioned this, but I like the idea that you can cross Support, Tome, Wizardry, and Teleports: it provides for more variation in combat.
Cheers. Smile

Wizardry and Sorcery and separate skills now, so it wouldn't make sense if their was still only one spellbook. Whilst using Ancients you would scarcely be able to train Wizardry, and vice verse for Lunar. Smile

I fear that Sorcery Support spells might never be used once you unlock Lunar though... they don't really do much, and less in light of the fact some of the tomes provides stuns now. Sigh
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sun May 29, 2011 2:15 am

When you switch Wizardry spells, you have the Modern Spellbook AND Lunar Spellbook in the current version. I think you could chose one set of Wizard Spells from a Spellbook (over-arching term for Tome, Support, Teleport, and Wizard Spells).

I didn't like Magic Resistance currently, I think it should be completely removed.

Also, I don't think Tomes should have a Runecrafting requirement, the Socery Requirement is enough.

EDIT: WHY DID ARE YOU SO DEADSET IN USING SHROUD RUNES!!! I said Geist Runes are fine and I think Genesis can replace Shroud for the final Conjuring Rune. The Logos have improved, though.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun May 29, 2011 3:13 am

>When you switch Wizardry spells, you have the Modern Spellbook AND Lunar Spellbook in the current version.
My main thought was that Wizardry looked a bit empty now without the old combat spells. I could separate them-- but I don't think there's any issue now. I think the original point of the replacement was that Lunar was a non-combat book... but that's now a moot point given the skill is entirely non-combat now. But mainly the lack of content.

>I didn't like Magic Resistance currently, I think it should be completely removed.
I made the call to append rather than amend. But I can reverse that. It's essentially part of the old counterstrike idea as it stands now. Smile

>Also, I don't think Tomes should have a Runecrafting requirement, the Socery Requirement is enough.
I don't know how'd that'd work then. At present the Runecrafting altars are used to switch, unless you propose the obelisks (which are perhaps harder to get to). Or did you only mean beyond the primary requirement?

>EDIT: WHY DID ARE YOU SO DEADSET IN USING SHROUD RUNES!!! I said Geist Runes are fine and I think Genesis can replace Shroud for the final Conjuring Rune. The Logos have improved, though.
Why are you so deadset not to? Shroud means mysterious or concealed, it doesn't have to mean darkness. Besides, I made it tier-3 rather than the final tier. Wink You're going to love my upcoming change, I can tell. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sun May 29, 2011 7:39 am

I think that Modern and Lunar both have enough Wizardry spells to make have separate groups.

You only need the Talisman to enter the altar, and then the Elemental Tomes can be F2P. We could make a quest to unlock the Tomes at said altars, but that leaves the question of how could one using Magic after the Tutorial?!

I told you, the Conjuring Runes should relate to energy in different states. I suppose Shroud could refer to a mist of energy, but Geist works better (more solid energy).
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun May 29, 2011 8:16 am

Wind can be the default, given a level 1 requirement to use is essentially no requirement at all.

Also, Shroud hasn't been a conjuring rune all afternoon. Well, since 4pm my time (but that probably was all afternoon at GMT-5). Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sun May 29, 2011 9:16 am

Wait, why are Shroud Runes "not yet craftable?" Was that what I can't wait for?

Lovin' the Genesis Rune, but it should be flipped, symetrical, and more pointed. I could be purple, if the Shroud Rune is just a typo.

Speaking of typos, the Runes seen in the Aubury's Rune Shop slide still have the Shroud and the Life Rune, the Armoured Black Dragonhide requires Spirit Tree logs, when you hover over Smithing equipment, Roddek's previous text is underlapped(?), the tomes have a small hitbox, and the grades of the Water Tome are all Level 1. The Interactive Suggestion - Page 6 612280
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun May 29, 2011 4:19 pm

I was being sarcastic. You seemed deadset to not have Shroud Runes, so I kept them. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next